Tuesday, March 4, 2008

What Do You Look For In A Daycare Provider?

What do you look for in a daycare provider?


Do you do a mini-interview on the phone, before
visiting the home?



When I have called I always ask if it a good time to
talk or should I call back later?

  • I asked about certification or license.
  • I asked about their FAMILY, as this will play a
big part in your child's day.

  • I asked about their education and why they went into
childcare?
  • I asked for a TOTAL of how many kids they watch, not just how many
  • would be there on the days my kids were.
  • I asked about days when school was not in session, just how many
  • kids are there when there is no school. Bad weather, summer .......
  • Don't forget to ask if they babysit for RELATIVE S'S KIDS they watch.
  • Pets? Can you show me their vaccination records?
  • Are you insured? For a daycare business?
What types of activity's do you do with the kids?
  • How many kids under the age of 2?
  • Fenced Yard
These are all questions I would ask on the PHONE, then if it sounded good
we would make a in home visit.. We went to the home twice.

What questions do you ask?

No comments: